SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2009

From:
Patrick Moelands <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Moelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:19:05 +0200
2009/10/15 Avetisyan, Aram <[log in to unmask]>:
> Can anyone recommend a good way to do this? I know of rsync and I've found some rather long lists of software online, but I'm not sure which method is best.

Everyone will have their own solution for this. I'd go for scripting:
create a shell script and trigger this by using a cronjob. It might
seem less appealing than some flashy piece of software, but by
scripting it will do EXACTLY when and what you want.

And when you're done coding it you know it feels good ;-)

Regards,
Patrick

--
All views, opinions and alleged facts expressed by this tactless moron should be
taken as good natured and friendly unless specifically stated otherwise.