SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2009

Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 2009 09:46:06 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> I like number 9 - though Tux has an expreession that I can't quite
> define (other than cross-eyed!).  Needs the extra electron though.
>
> Martin.

If the extra electron were right in front of Tux's beak, then he'd have a reason to be cross-eyed.

I like the #9 myself.  Entries 2-6, the carbon atom picture, are all good with varying degrees of symmetry.  You could argue they are keeping with our traditional logos.  Or you could argue against for precisely the same reason.  My preference for #9 is its element of fun and humor.  If his irises downward, then he'd be the spitting image of your typical nerd scientist who's always looking down on the floor while walking down the hallway.