SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2009

From:
Florian La Roche <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Florian La Roche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:00:50 +0200
> >The current Fedora rpm package does contain gnome/cairo/pango deps,
> >so I would keep them, but then think about a
>
> subrpm with dot,nop included
> ???
> I don't understand this
>
>  and also move in the apps which do not have lots of dependencies.
>
> But the point is, if nobody has asked for them, or used them for several
> years, why bring them in.  It would add to the support load without
> benefiting anyone.

Suggestion was to move "/usr/bin/dot" into its own subrpm which should
work similar to "*-libs" subrpms. Move the app into e.g. "graphviz-base"
and have the "graphviz" rpm depend on "graphviz-base".

I'll also submit it again as request to upstream. Only one app in a subrpm
is not really great packaging, but would allow very small server installs.
The one bz asking to then merge some of the other small subrpms would also
make lots of sense.

greetings,

Florian La Roche