SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2009

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:00:29 +0200
Hello all.

>> 1 - By default, graphviz-lua isn't built.  In SL 5  we have the package
>> graphviz-lua but lua isn't in Scientific Linux 5. Does anyone mind if we
>> drop graphviz-lua from the release?

lua is available from EPEL repository (and actually graphviz builds
against it too)

>> 2 - By default, graphviz-ocaml isn't built.  In SL 5 we have the package
>> graphviz-ocaml, but ocaml, or even caml, isn't in Scientific Linux 5.
>> Does anyone mind if we drop graphviz-ocaml from the release?

Same for ocaml (but I havent tried to build it frankly .. I do not know
anybody using ocaml around me ;-))

>> 3 - By default, graphviz-php isn't built.  In SL 5 we have the package
>> graphviz-php. But the build is failing whenever we try to build
>> graphviz-php.  I'm worried that we need a newer version of php for this
>> to build.  Does anyone mind if we drop graphviz-php from the release?

Please see attached patch (-R -p1 against graphviz 2.24), it is just
a minor problem with swig argument (-php should be used instead of -php5)

>> 4 - By default, PANGOCAIRO is turned on.  Florian La Roche wants this
>> turned off so that it doesn't pull in all the Pango and Cairo
>> dependancies.  But when I look at Cairo and Pango, it says

I share your point of view: I believe that pangocairo should be in ...

Besides: graphviz is also available from EPEL (although
older version AFAIR)

Cheers

Jarek

__