SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:53:05 +1100
Hi,

Just to add my 2 cents worth to this discussion. I would like to see Tux in
the middle as the Nucleus with all the items flowing around him, maybe with
his arms in the air like he's magically controlling them.

I agree with keeping historical relevance and recognisability, as we in
Australia recently went through naming the new Vegemite hybrid for Kraft
(Australia), and after a long Kraft competition with 40,000 entries, the newly
labelled "iSnack 2.0" was a total flop and was pulled today, a few days after
the advertising campaign promoting it.

Aussies have been brought up on Vegemite, and the new name was too
disconnected from it's roots.

However, I think a Tux replacing or holding the Nucleus would represent a good
amalgamation and evolution of SL.

Personal opinion of course...

Michael.

------- End of Original Message -------