SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:06:28 -0500
Edward Dowllar wrote:
> I do really like the designs that include the spinning electrons. But, there is something about Entry 1 that is very appealing for its use as a logo. Perhaps its appeal is its simplicity in design and potential broader use. Scientific pursuits encompass a wide variety of disciplines and some might interpret its use is only for physics. That's just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work.
>
> Edward

I agree.  Pulling on my small knowledge of graphic design, a good logo
should be easily recognizable when printed in grayscale, b&w, and
usually a 2 color palette.  I personally would lean toward the 1st entry
because of that.  I think it could work better in cases of icons,
letterhead, case badges, etc.  KISS.

On the flip side, it would be a major imaging change for SL from a
recognition standpoint.

-Mark

--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola