SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:50:47 -0500
As Connie said, R is already in the release.

As each release is released (SL 52, 53, 54) we put the latest version of
R at the time.  But we do *not* put that latest version of R into the
errata section.  That is because some people want to stay on the version
of R that they have, and some people want the latest version of R.
If you want the latest version of R, update to the latest version of SL.
If you want to stay at the version of R that you have, you can stay at
the version of SL that you are at.

Troy

Constance J. Sieh wrote:
> Jimmy,
>
> It is already in SL.  It may not be the latest as R updates very
> frequently.
>
> -connie sieh
>
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009, Jimmy Cullen wrote:
>
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> I suggest R ( http://www.r-project.org/ ) may be be useful to many al=
>> so.
>>
>> Jimmy
>>
>> 2009/9/29 Alexandre Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
>>> Hi Greg
>>>
>>> Being an Engineer, possible name for engineering packages would be =
>> Engineering or Physics, I would like to see Calculix/Calculix Graphix=
>> (http://www.calculix.de/), OpenFOAM (http://www.opencfd.co.uk/openfo=
>> am/), BRLCAD (http://brlcad.org/d/) , Dakota (http://www.cs.sandia.go=
>> v/dakota/), Code Saturne, Syrthes, Salome Platform,=A0(http://researc=
>> h.edf.com/the-edf-offers/research-and-development/softwares-107001.ht=
>> ml) Scilab, Octave/QtOctave/Octave Forge, Paraview (http://www.paravi=
>> ew.org/,9 =A0GMSH (http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/), Netgen, Code Aster (ht=
>> tp://www.code-aster.org/V2/spip.php?rubrique1), ....with these packag=
>> es I guess a great deal of mechanical/civil=A0structural engineering =
>> work can be done...
>>> And the name "Scientific Linux" would be fully justiified...=A0 :-)
>>>
>>> BRGDS
>>>
>>> Alex

>> es to
>> let

>> e can
>> ntific

>> ged

>> se if needed.

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group