SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

From:
Markus Neteler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Markus Neteler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:13:19 +0200
Hi Greg,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 06:04, Greg Kurtzer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working already to create a repository of scientific packages to
> integrate with SL. If there are special requests (or better yet,
> people that wish to help with packaging and maintenance), please let
> me know.
>
> We have some packages already in SCM (autobuilder hasn't been
> configured to build these yet), but it will still a bit before we can
> get these released (again, nudging for some volunteers with scientific
> app and RPM experience (or wanting to learn)).
>
> http://www.infiscale.org/scire/

it would be great to get GRASS GIS (requires GDAL and PROJ4) packaged
for ScientificLinux:
http://grass.osgeo.org/

In our community we receive often such request. I can help of course if needed.

Packaging notes are available at:
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install

Section would be "Geo".

Best
Markus

--
Markus Neteler
Foundation Edmund Mach (FEM) - Research and Innovation Centre