SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:28:44 +1100
Hi Eve,

> We are trying to set up nfsv4 services on an SL5.3 server.
> We have followed various tutorials on the web, and everything
> appears to be working correctly. However, when we mount the exported
> filesystems on the client, (which happens with no errors), we can't
> see any of the files. The client thinks that the filesystem is
> mounted, but when we try to do a directory listing there is nothing there.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas on what we might be doing wrong?

NFS is bound by the internal permissions of the filesystem.

The first thing I would look at is the file and directory permissions on the
exported NFS filesystem.

If the clients don't have read permissions to those files/directories, then
NFS clients won't be able to see them regardless of what you do via the NFS
protocol.

Regards,

Michael.