SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:18:38 -0500
I'm having trouble installing SL4.8 X86_64 from the DVD.  It keeps coming up saying it can't find certain packages, speex for one.  I've checked the media and the installer says the media is fine.  Any ideas?

On a somewhat related note, I've not been able to install the later 4.x releases via kickstart.  For some reason, 4.x machines whether at install time or boot time take forever to accept their IP assignments via DHCP.  This is not a big problem after it's installed; it just takes forever to boot.  But, during kickstart, it times out after which you have to do it interactively.  The 5x machines do not show this behavior at all.  I also didn't have this problem with earlier versions of 4x, say around 4.2-4.4.  This is not a pressing issue for me since I've pretty much moved on to 5x.  But I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this situation.

Thanks!

Ken