SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:39:13 -0500
Troy J Dawson wrote:
> Hello,
> In order to save space on the main distribution servers, and for the
> various mirrors, we have changed our scripts so that security errata
> that is the same, is hard linked together.
>
> We have gotten the scripts working on SL3 and SL4.  So, the security
> errata that went out today will be hard linked.  Hopefully tomorrow we
> will get SL5's scripts fixed as well.
>
> This will save bandwidth and space for those mirrors that are using the
> rsync -H flag.
>
> Thank You
> Troy Dawson

Hello Again,
Just so people know, all of our security errata push out scripts have
been converted over so that they now do hard links.
Also, all of the SL4 and SL5 security errata are being hard linked right
now.
So those that are using rsync -H will see a major change today in the
amount of data you have to transfer.

Thanks
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group