SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:42:01 -0500
carlopmart wrote:
> Troy Dawson wrote:
>> carlopmart wrote:
>>> HI all,
>>>
>>>   I have reecntlly installed two sl 5.3 virtual servers to do some
>>> tests using RHCS and GFS. When I try to install cman, these versions
>>> appears:
>>>
>>> Installing:
>>>   cman                                                         i386
>>>                                   2.0.98-1.el5
>>> sl-base                                    618 k
>>> Installing for dependencies:
>>>   openais                                                      i386
>>>                                   0.80.3-22.el5
>>> sl-base                                    372 k
>>>   perl-Net-Telnet                                              noarch
>>>                                   3.03-5
>>> sl-base                                     56 k
>>>   perl-XML-LibXML                                              i386
>>>                                   1.58-5
>>> sl-base                                    231 k
>>>   perl-XML-LibXML-Common                                       i386
>>>                                   0.13-8.2.2
>>> sl-base                                     16 k
>>>   perl-XML-NamespaceSupport                                    noarch
>>>                                   1.09-1.2.1
>>> sl-base                                     15 k
>>>   perl-XML-SAX                                                 noarch
>>>                                   0.14-5
>>> sl-base                                     75 k
>>>   pexpect                                                      noarch
>>>                                   2.3-1.el5
>>> sl-base                                    219 k
>>>
>>>   but cman updated version on upstream vendor is 2.0.98-1.el5_3.7 and
>>> for openais is 0.80.3-22.el5_3.9. Where are these updates under
>>> scientificlinux repositories???
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>> The new openais is in the Fastbugs repository because it was not a
>> security update, but a bug fix update.  You must be running SL 5.3 to
>> get the fastbugs.
>>   yum --enablerepo=sl-fastbugs update openais
>> or download them directly
>> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5x/i386/updates/fastbugs/
>>
>> As for cman, it's been a pain in the rear for rebuilding, and we haven't
>> successfully been able to rebuild it for either 32 or 64 bit.  So, that
>> package is currently still at the older release.
>>
>> Troy
>
> But will be released sometime??? cman 2.0.98-1 version has a lot of
> important bugs, for example for two node cluster ...

Hi,
The cman update that came with 5.4 is compiled and in the testing area.
  Actually the older version 2.0.98 is there as well.

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/i386/54/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/x86_64/54/

Could you please test them and tell me if the new 2.0.115 works ok on
older releases.  I know that you'll also get a new dependency, pexpect,
and that is in the testing area too, so doing a

   yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update cman\*

should pull in everything you need.
Thanks
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group