SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

From:
Faye Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Faye Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:04:45 +0100
I run several openldap's; one central master and several slaves. It all
works fine on SL5.

While we don't run production kerberos servers on SL5 anymore I often
bring up a kerberos server to investigate problems encountered when
using our centrally provided kerberos server and it's trival to do and
easy to setup on SL5.

nfs4, not a clue.

Jon Clark wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We are currently setting up a new SL5 server and ideally we would like
> to use openldap and kerberos to provide centralised user authentication
> (and NFSv4 to share out central home spaces).  Has anybody successfully
> done this (or similar) using a SL5 server?  Did you find any useful on
> line tutorials on the subject?
>
> We have done quite a lot of googling and tried to follow this tutorial:
>
> http://aput.net/~jheiss/krbldap/howto.html
>
> We have kerberos working, openldap working, but unfortunately we fail
> when trying to use them together:
>
> [root@testServer ldap-config]# ldapsearch -H
> ldap://testServer.shef.ac.uk/ -b dc=somas,dc=org
> SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
>        additional info: SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI
> Failure: gss_accept_sec_context
>

> When we have googled this error, we found it mentioned a lot but no
> solutions given.  So we're a bit stuck!
>
> Anyone know of a tutorial they are prepared to share?
>
> Regards,
> Jon

Faye Gibbins, Computing Officer (Infrastructure Services)
      GeoS KB; Linux, Unix, Security and Networks.
Beekeeper  - The Apiary Project, KB -   www.bees.ed.ac.uk

   I grabbed at spannungsbogen before I knew I wanted it.
                  (x(x_(X_x(O_o)x_x)_X)x)

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body,
registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.