SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:55:40 -0500
Hello,
In order to save space on the main distribution servers, and for the
various mirrors, we have changed our scripts so that security errata
that is the same, is hard linked together.

We have gotten the scripts working on SL3 and SL4.  So, the security
errata that went out today will be hard linked.  Hopefully tomorrow we
will get SL5's scripts fixed as well.

This will save bandwidth and space for those mirrors that are using the
rsync -H flag.

Thank You
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group