SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

September 2009

From:
Patrick Moelands <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Moelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:21:43 +0200
2009/9/30 Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>:
> I personally an still nervous about it, and it's security issue is only a
> medium.  The NFSv4 issue has me concerned, and I worry what other bugs are
> out there that we currently don't know about.
> But ... people have been waiting patiently for the latest kernels with the
> latest drivers.
> Thoughts?

Although I'm not exactly into the details, there should be thought
about pros and cons. What could happen if the kernel is (not)
released? Or make it available on a DIY basis (download it from an
additional repo instead of adding it to updates). That way, people who
need the new one (because of new drivers) can grab it and others might
skip it until it has been tested.

Regards,
Patrick