SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2009

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:47:17 +0200
Hi

> I can start by putting them into contrib, and then migrate them into the
> main release.  But let's start with contrib and work from there.

Sure,

> This would only by for SL 5 correct?

Yes, starting from 5.1 on only.

> And which yum plugin works with these kernel modules?

That's the beauty of it: no need for plugins anymore:
since modules are kernel-version independent no need
to upgrade (or even recompile) these on each kernel
upgrade: the weak-modules mechanism assures upon
installation of new kernel that the module is available

> And, is this going to still work with SL6 (RHEL6)?  I know it's not out
> yet, but does anyone have any good guesses.

No idea, my guess would be ..  yes ...

Cheers

Jarek
__