SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2009

From:
Thomas Koppe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Koppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2009 19:11:38 +0200
Hi there,

we send all print-jobs to cups (IPP) servers (scientific linux 5.3,
cups-1.3.7). If one queue on server is disabled for printing but enabled for
spooling then the following happens: if the first job from client will be
send to server the local queue will also be disabled and the job remain in
the local cups queue. Jobs would only be sent if the server queue is enabled.
The local queue is then explicit to enable by root.

Is this a known bug ? What can I do in Scientific Linux ?

Best regards Thomas