SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2009

From:
Graham Allan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graham Allan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 11:53:54 -0500
We have an SL5 system running with 4 monitors, also for a monitoring
system.

We are using two 2-head PCI cards, though mainly just because we had
these on hand. They are Nvidia-based and we are using the nvidia binary
driver. It looks like we used the nvidia-settings utility to set it up
(we are running 4 separate X screens, so no Xinerama or Twinview).

I believe we are using this card (x2):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187041

Not much to say beyond that it works. Performance isn't that great, but
it's a fairly old PC.

Graham

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 06:22:40PM +0200, Natalia Ratnikova wrote:
> Hello,
> we would like to have four monitors connected to one PC in our system
> for CMS status monitoring, running on Scientific Linux version 4, or 5.
> I have got suggestions to use Nvidia quadro card with four heads, or two
> pci graphic cards each with two heads.
> Does anyone have a positive experience with the above configurations, or
> some other solution?
> Any hints are very appreciated.
> Thanks.
> Natalia.

Graham Allan - I.T. Manager - [log in to unmask] - (612) 624-5040
School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Minnesota