SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2009

From:
suvayu ali <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
suvayu ali <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 13:41:34 -0700
2009/5/18 Alan Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>:
> On 18/05/2009, Craig Moore <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>  As you can see, I do not have the pulse audio plugin like you do. I did
>>  a repo search and there are no pulse audio rpm files available for
>>  Scientific Linux. Unless I'm doing something wrong.
>>
>>  > $ yum search pulse
>>  > No Matches found
>>
>>  Is pulse audio supported by Scientific Linux? Maybe there is a CentOS
>>  rpm file I could use?
>
> Sorry Craig, pulse audio is a Fedora package and does not exist in
> CentOS 5 or RHEL 5.

AFAIK skype doesn't use pulseaudio so the lack of pulseaudio should
not be a problem. But I maybe wrong. What the OP can try would be to
use the EPEL packages for pulseaudio. However that has a
*considerable* *risk* of making his installation unstable as those
packages are merely Fedora packages repackaged for RHEL and RHEL
derivatives.

--
Suvayu