SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2009

From:
Craig Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2009 17:39:14 +0200
On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 10:12 -0500, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Craig Moore wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having trouble printing pdf files from evince (and gedit too). Each
> > time I print, the printout reads:
> >
> >> ERROR: configurationerror
> >> OFFENDING COMMAND: setpagedevice
> >>
> >> STACK:
> >>
> >> -dictionary-
> >
> > the rest of the page is blank. Note, I can still print from acroread
> > with out any trouble, which is really confusing.
> >
> > Here's my details:
> >
> > $ cat redhat-release
> > Scientific Linux SL release 5.2 (Boron)
> >
> > Printer manager:
> > System-Config-Printer 0.7.32.8
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > Craig
>
> Can you print normal files from other things (like print a web page from
> firefox)?
> I'm just curious if this is a pdf problem or a printer configuration
> problem.
>
> Troy

Hey Troy,

Yes, I just did a test, and I can print web pages from firefox,
pictures from gimp, and text from emacs. Its only from evince or gedit
that I get the error message. Is there something unusual in the way
these applications issue print commands which is causing this problem?

Thanks,
Craig
--
Craig Moore