SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2009

From:
Matthias Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthias Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 18:57:13 +0200
Hi,

I have no answer to your questions, but we have problems with the .22
kernel and ati-gflrx drivers. For some machines the screen simply stays
black, and X is completely stuck. Apparently while initialising the
hardware acceleration. Disabling that gives you a working X, but slow is
not the right description...

One workaround is to use the vesa driver, but I already had complaints
about the limited resolution :(

In our case the unresolved 'floor' also gets mentioned when we boot with
the old kernel (and get a working X).

Matthias