SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2009

From:
Stephen Isard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Isard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 09:59:15 -0400
Mystery solved, Urs.  Entirely my own fault.  There was an SL_LIVECD
directory with gzipped password and shadow files in it on one of the
hard disk partitions that must have been left over from playing around
with an earlier live cd/dvd over a year ago.  I had completely forgotten
about it, if I ever knew it was there in the first place.  When I
removed that, booting proceeded with no problem.  Sorry to have wasted
your time.

Stephen Isard