SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2009

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 14:12:43 +1100
Hi,

I did this about 2 years ago when working elsewhere, however I've forgotten
how I pulled this off now I need to perform the work again.

I simply want to get a series of files and package them into an RPM. No
compiling, no building.

The way I did it before was simply tar.gz the files, put them into
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES and then create my spec file which would package up
the tarball into RPM.

Trying to re-create such a spec file I've been unsuccessful.

Any ideas? or can someone supply a template for me?

Thanks.

Michael.