SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:24:31 -0500
Glenn Morris wrote:
> Troy Dawson wrote:
>
>> For SL4 x86_64 it is being very stubborn about being built.  I still
>> haven't found the magic rubber chicken to hit it with.
>
> :)
>
>> Anyway, in short, no, we haven't overlooked it.  It's giving us plenty
>> of grief.
>
> Sorry for the hassle then. Good luck with the chickens...

OK, got it to build on SL4, and looked through the spec on SL5, and sure
enough, they are requiring that it have a higher version of elfutils.
So, I'm going to push it up in testing and have people test updating
their elfutils to see if it hurts anything.
On the machines I've tested, it hasn't caused any problems, but as I'm
finding out, some packages affect packages I hadn't even thought of.
I'll send out a testing e-mail.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group