SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2009

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:59:49 +0100
On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Yan Xiaofei wrote:

> I install slc45 and use the hugemem kernel.

I'm afraid the client for the hugemem kernel is not very well tested,
but let's see.

> But afs client didn't work. I can look the directory and file, But when
> i open the file, the content of the file is incorrect, and can not copy
> file out of afs directory.
>
> Sorry put the problem here.

No problem. That's what this list is for. But please provide some more
information:

- Are you indeed using SL*C* and not plain SL? That's important to
know because these have different openafs builds. And what versions are
you using (output of "rpm -qa kernel\*" ?)?

- Are you sure the hardware of your system is ok?

- Have you checked whether the client works correctly on this machine with
the ordinary SMP kernel?

- Are you using memory or disk cache?

- If it's disk: Which filesystem are you using for it?

- What's the cache size?

- What are your afsd options?

And since I'm curious:

- Why are you using 4.5 and not 4.7?

- Why are you using the hugemem kernel instead of simply installing
x86_64?

Regards,
 	Stephan

--