SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:02:45 -0500
John Summerfield wrote:
> Troy Dawson wrote:
>> Hi,
>> We've tried a bittorrent here at Fermilab before, and we always tend to
>> get blocked by our border router.  It's been a while though, and we
>> could try again if there is a big demand.
>> For right now, linuxtracker usually has a torrent
>
> I take it I should wait a day or three before I do my "yum upgrade:-)"

I would give it a day or two, yes.
ftp.scientificlinux.org has cleared up most of it's backlog, so it's not
so backed up that it cannot get anything out.  But looking at it's
average output, it's still much higher than normal.

The strange thing is, that ftp.scientificlinux.org still has 17 rsync's
connecting to it when I checked.
rsync.scientificlinux.org had 4.

If you are going to mirror.  Please check your scripts and point them to
rsync.scientificlinux.org.  You'll be glad you did.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group