SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2009

From:
"Bly, MJ (Martin)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bly, MJ (Martin)
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 23:13:52 +0000
AFAIK:

The CellServDB file is distributed by the folk at grand.central.org.

We notified them of the changes we were making, and made the changes
with suitable pauses to allow the new CellServeDB to percolate around.
The latest update they have seems to be from November which has all four
servers in it (the interim stage) and can be found at
/afs/grand.central.org/service/CellServeDB (which is a link to the
latest version).  At what frequency they put updates to CellServeDB into
the wild and at what frequency it then makes it into the AFS RPMs I do
not know.

Standard practice is usually to overwrite any RPM supplied CellServeDB
with the grand.central.org version, or with one of your own crafting, if
the RPM supplied version gets too far out of date.

The old server address is still active at RAL as a virtual address on
one of the new servers (the old machine has been retired with prejudice
after too many years server - no flowers), so if you use the
single-server config, it should still work.  (For a while - I need the
i/p address back, so at some point after grandcentral catch up, I'll
reclaim it.)

--
Martin Bly
RAL Tier1 Fabric Manager