SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2009

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:06:57 -0500
Ken,

/proc/pci contains much of the info provided by lspci.  For an initrd
script, you might want to consider looking at the linux-live scripts
used to build many of the livecds you find online (include the SL flavor
made by Urs).  I believe if you look at Urs's livecd-trunk, you will
find linux-live.sl/initrd/liblinuxlive.  This file has procedures for
probing all common modules for a certain type of support (e.g.
modprobe_usb_sata_modules).  Brute force seems the standard way to go.
I've made livecds in several ways, and have not run into a situation
where I had to manually identify and probe modules for a specific IDE or
SATA controller.

Are you doing something drastically different from the norm?

Cheers,
Mark

--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola