SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2009

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:21:36 -0500
I believe most of anaconda's "magic" comes from probing the PCI and USB
bus for vendor and device IDs.  If you dig into a driver (for example,
e1000e), you will find a pcitable listing all of the IDs the driver
supports.  If you look in /lib/modules/<kernel>/ you will find a
modules.pcimap and modules.usbmap among other bus types.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Mark

--