SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2009

From:
Chris O'Regan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris O'Regan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:10:18 -0400
> I have updated the mirroring web pages, let me know if there is still
> some confusion in them.
> I am still in the process of updating the "Size of Distributions" web
> pages.  But other than that, I think I've gone through them all and
> cleaned them up.

Thanks, Troy. The excludes are very similar to what I discovered on my
own however "archive" and "SRPMS" are symlinks that point outside of the
"52" branch. The rsync command provided does not actual look inside
these paths, it just copies the symlinks as is. So, the excludes
"archive/debuginfo" and "archive/obsolete" don't really do anything.

I have added "--exclude=iso/" as I don't need the CD/DVD images. It
saves quite a few gigs of space and cuts the transfer time by a fair
amount. Might be worth mentioning as an optional exclude.

Thanks again,

Chris