SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2009

From:
Elliot Peele <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elliot Peele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:33:04 -0400
I am working on importing Scientific Linux into a Conary repository as
part of our contract with the DOE. You can track the progress of this
project in our issue tracking system:

https://issues.rpath.com/browse/PFM-359

Once the import is complete, Scientific Linux will be made available as
a platform on rBuilder Online (http://www.rpath.org), allowing people to
easily consume just enough of Scientific Linux to run their appliaction
in the virtual or installable formfactor of their choice.

Unlike the other platforms that we have imported thus far, we intend to
import all of Scientific Linux so that it is available as a complete
desktop system as well as a platform for building small appliances.

In my initial investigation I found that some of the repository metadata
seems to be out of sync with the contents of the repository. For
instance SL_desktop_tweaks-5-7.src.rpm is not in the metadata for the
SRPM repository, but the corresponding binary RPMs can be found in the
52 i386 and x86_64 repositories.

This inconsistency breaks the application that I use to do the import. I
would appreciate it if someone could regenerate the metadata for the
SRPM repository.

I am currently planning to base off of 5.3 since it seems to be about
ready. Is there any planned release date for 5.3?

Elliot

--
Elliot Peele
rPath, Inc.