SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2009

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:53:41 +0100
All,

I put up an openafs SRPM with CellServDB updated from grand.central.org
(which was overdue anyway) and the obsolete RAL server address removed:

http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~wiesand/SL5/openafs.SLx-1.4.7-68.1.src.rpm

This is the only change. It would be nice if this could still make it into
RC2.5, but I guess it's not too bad if it doesn't.

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Bly, MJ (Martin) wrote:
[...]
> Noted.  We can post any future changes here though we don't expact to
> change again in the near future.
>
> Do you want us to let you know personally, Stephan?

Notifying the list should be sufficient.
[...]
> We have our own local RPM that overwrites CellServeDB - we update it
> various intervals to try and keep it in step, usually when someone
> notifies usof a problem.  But thinking about it, the openafs updates may
> be more frequent and overwrite our version in turn.  Hmmm.   Needs some
> thinking...

Simply overwrite the DB from a trigger instead of %post:

   %triggerin -- openafs-client
   install -m 644 /our/CellServDB /usr/vice/etc || :

This would fire whenever either openafs-client or your RPM is updated.

Regards,
 	Stephan

--
Stephan Wiesand