SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2009

From:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:07:06 +0100
Troy Dawson wrote:
> Ken Teh wrote:
>> I'm playing with aufs and have built and installed aufs for the 5.2
>> distro from Urs Beyerle's src rpm.  N.B. the src rpm builds the aufs
>> and the kernel-module-aufs rpms.  I have my yum configured to exclude
>> kernel* and the only enabled repos I use are sl and sl-security.
>>
>> I'm a little confused by the yum cron message below.  The aufs src
>> rpm I got from Urs is 20070210.cvs.  The message seems to suggest
>> that there is an aufs package in my yum enabled repos.  But I have
>> looked at the 5.2 install tree and I don't find any such rpm.
>>
>> Can someone clarify?  Customizations are tedious and having a known
>> environment to make customizations helps a great deal.  If the aufs
>> and kernel-module-aufs are part of the standard SL yum repos, then I
>> wont bother building them and would prefer to rely on both aufs and
>> the kernel being kept in sync.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Ken
>>

>>   --------------------
>>   YUM - security
>>   --------------------
>> Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-module-aufs >= 0.20090202.cvs-6.sl5
>> is needed by package aufs
>
> Hi Ken,
> aufs has been made part of the main SL release.  It is from Urs, but
> it is the newer 20090202.
> It's being put in SL 5.3.  But since it has a kernel module, we put it
> out with the kernel that just went out.
>
> Troy

I guess you can

- either remove all aufs related rpms, update to the latest SL kernel
(2.6.18-128.1.1.el5) and install aufs again with yum.
- or you can build the kernel-module-aufs for your installed kernel(s)
using the new SRPM
http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/download/SRPMS/5x/aufs-0.20090202.cvs-6.sl5.src.rpm

Troy, aufs-0.20090202.cvs-6.sl5.src.rpm is not yet in
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/SRPMS/SL/

Cheers,

    Urs