SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:43:48 -0600
Ken Teh wrote:
> I'm playing with aufs and have built and installed aufs for the 5.2 distro
> from Urs Beyerle's src rpm.  N.B. the src rpm builds the aufs and the
> kernel-module-aufs rpms.  I have my yum configured to exclude kernel* and
> the only enabled repos I use are sl and sl-security.
>
> I'm a little confused by the yum cron message below.  The aufs src rpm I got
> from Urs is 20070210.cvs.  The message seems to suggest that there is an
> aufs package in my yum enabled repos.  But I have looked at the 5.2 install
> tree and I don't find any such rpm.
>
> Can someone clarify?  Customizations are tedious and having a known
> environment to make customizations helps a great deal.  If the aufs and
> kernel-module-aufs are part of the standard SL yum repos, then I wont bother
> building them and would prefer to rely on both aufs and the kernel being
> kept in sync.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ken
>

>   --------------------
>   YUM - security
>   --------------------
> Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-module-aufs >= 0.20090202.cvs-6.sl5 is
> needed by package aufs

Hi Ken,
aufs has been made part of the main SL release.  It is from Urs, but it
is the newer 20090202.
It's being put in SL 5.3.  But since it has a kernel module, we put it
out with the kernel that just went out.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group