SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2009

From:
"Brent L. Bates" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent L. Bates
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 07:50:49 -0500
     Michael Mansour, cut the CRAP/FUD out!  I would NOT depend on ext3 if I
CARED about what was stored on my disks.  I ONLY use ext3 if the data stored
is NOT of "very high importance".  I use XFS when I DO CARE, so I use it all
the time.  XFS is the most reliable, dependable, and robust file system out
there and independent tests have consistently shown it to be much faster than
ext3.  It has far more YEARS and Pentabytes of service under it's belt than
ext3, a LOT more!  I've had XFS do a much better job of surviving system
crashes and disk failures than ext3.