SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2009

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:19:24 -0800
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Ken Teh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Excellent!  Thank you very much Akemi.  I was browsing through the spec file
> and encountered all those sections that you wrote up in the wiki.  I did not
> wish to dig through all those details to figure out how to spec file works.
> Your recipe is exactly what I need!  Thanks!
>
> A short followup:  You have a warning at the beginning of the wiki that it
> is almost not necessary to build a custom kernel.

You mean the sentence that starts with "Last warning" ?  That
particular part was written by one of the CentOS developers.  I think
it is a good thing to give plenty of warnings.  For one thing, many
people (not talking about you) come to this Wiki thinking they have to
modify the kernel when they actually don't need to.  For another, in
CentOS, the developers do not [officially] support custom kernels
(like TUV).

Akemi