SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2009

Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:13:37 -0600
Excellent!  Thank you very much Akemi.  I was browsing through the spec file
and encountered all those sections that you wrote up in the wiki.  I did not
wish to dig through all those details to figure out how to spec file works.
Your recipe is exactly what I need!  Thanks!

A short followup:  You have a warning at the beginning of the wiki that it
is almost not necessary to build a custom kernel.  My problem is that I need
a kernel that's able to mount a squashfs fs on a loop device during boot-up.
  The standard kernel has both squashfs and loop as .ko.  I believe I need
them built-in.  If I'm wrong, please advise.

Thanks again!

Ken