SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:44:18 -0600
Hello,
There is a new security kernel out for SL5.
It is based off the new kernel from Update 3, and hense, has all it's
changes, including driver updates.
I'm still a little nervous about pushing this out, so I'd like it to be
tested a bit more.
One of the new changes that it has is updated Intel Wireless drivers.
I have the Updated Firmware for these in the same testing area.
I have also included new Intel Firmware we didn't have before, because
it appeared to have the drivers in the kernel now.
I also have the new aufs in that directory.

To test

SL5
-------
          yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update kernel\*

or download
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/i386/kernel/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/x86_64/kernel/

New Things in the directory
aufs
kernel-module-aufs

xfs-filesystem
kernel-module-xfs

iwlwifi-3945-ucode
iwlwifi-4965-ucode
iwlwifi-5000-ucode

Thanks
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group