SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2009

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 00:12:48 -0800
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Craig Moore <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I hope this is the right forum for this. I'm having a major problem with
> Scientific Linux. I believe the problem may be due to scim_bridge im
> agent but I am not sure. It seems that if I try to run any GUI programs
> like: firefox, gedit, gthumb, etc... I get warning/error messages like
> the following:

> $ rpm -q scim-bridge.x86_64
> scim-bridge-0.4.5-8.el5.x86_64
>
> $ rpm -q scim-bridge-gtk.x86_64
> scim-bridge-gtk-0.4.5-8.el5.x86_64
>
> $ rpm -q scim-bridge-gtk.i386
> scim-bridge-gtk-0.4.5-8.el5.i386
> I've no idea if there is any other information which might be useful. If
> so, then please let me know. I would really, really appreciate any help
> you can provide.

You have both x86_64 and i386 versions of scim-bridge-gtk.  Try
removing the i386 one.  Or, do you really need scim-bridge?  Try
removing scim-bridge-gtk and scim-bridge and see if that stops the
errors.

Another suggestion is to ask in the scim forums at
http://www.scim-im.org/forums .  It seems to be quite active, so you'd
have a better chance to get answers.

Akemi