SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2008

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:36:27 +0000
On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Dusan Jiricny wrote:

> Hello Valerij,
> the missing packages were the catch. Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Dusan
>
> 2008/12/12 Valery Mitsyn <[log in to unmask]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> did you install a few additional evolution28 rpms, in particular
>> evolution28-glib2-2.12.3-6.el4.i386?
>> On my x86_64 SL4.7 with firefox-3.0.4.i386 where are follow
>> evolution28 rpms:
>> evolution28-cairo-1.2.4-6.el4.i386
>> evolution28-glib2-2.12.3-6.el4.i386
>> evolution28-gtk2-2.10.4-22.el4.i386
>> evolution28-pango-1.14.9-7.el4.i386
<snip>

But is it right that firefox is ending up depending on evolution?

btw not directly related but...  I note that machines we installed with
sl52 have pulled in evolution even though we don't explicitly specify it
in the set of packages, those which were running sl51 (or sl50) and
upgraded to sl52 still don't have evolution and firefox works fine so the
sl5 version of firefox doesn't depend on anything from evolution...

I assume that evolution got added to a group that we include so I now
ought to decide if we should add evolution to the older boxes or remove it
from the newer ones (if we want to keep the desktop systems consistent...)

  -- Jon