SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2008

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 11:13:14 +1100
Hi,

This area is quite new to me so I thought I'd ask this general question.

I have a requirement where I need to setup an LDAP server and then have a web
form available where people can fill out their details (name, address, etc)
and have that web form effectively create an account on the LDAP server.

In terms of the LDAP facility, I have previously installed and run OpenLDAP a
few times over the times, but never in production (just to learn it). But I'm
after some recommendations noting the requirement above.

* Should I use OpenLDAP for this?

* Should I use Fedora Directory Server for this?

* Should I use something else for LDAP directory services?

In terms of the Web form, is there anyone that knows what I can use here? like
a current project or current piece of software (non-commercial) that does this?

Thanks for any tips, recommendations and advice.

Michael.