SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2008

From:
Faye Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Faye Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:13:01 +0000
Hi,

  If you've got a network connection would it not be better to install
the large images on a network accessible hard drive, front ended by,
say, apache/NFS. Then just put the generally much smaller installer
images on the USB device, or even use PXE?

Faye

--

Please sign my petition:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/alcohol-buying/

Faye Gibbins, Computing Officer (Infrastructure Services)
      GeoS KB; Linux, Unix, Security and Networks.
Beekeeper  - The Apiary Project, KB -   www.bees.ed.ac.uk

   I grabbed at spannungsbogen before I knew I wanted it.
                  (x(x_(X_x(O_o)x_x)_X)x)

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body,
registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.