SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2008

From:
Kahae Han <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kahae Han <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:34:47 +0900
Thank you for your answers & pointing me to the right driver.

Following the README in the syskonnect.eu driver pack, I tried both
methods but failed.
The driver installation method first complained about the compiler
version being different from the one that compiled the kernel, and
then even with the option of export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1 it failed
due to compiler mismatch (Kernel:3.4.4 != gcc:3.4.6)

the applying the patch option failed at the very end with the
following when I tried to compile the patch applied kernel.

CHK	include/linux/version.h
SPLIT	include/linux/autoconf.h -> include/config/*
make[1]  *** No rule to make target 'init/main.o', needed by 'init/
built-in.o'
Stop.
make: *** [init] Error 2

I think I am nearly there, as although nothing was actually
successfully installed to completion, there was a moment yesterday
when the driver acually showed up in the choice and i added it and it
could be activated and i had connection (but it failed after about 1
hour and when i restarted it failed to detect hardware, and now i
cannot recreate the same)  and it would be good to at least have the
wired internet working.
Do I need to download another kernel and compile it? If so, how do I
go about that?

Thanks!