SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2008

From:
Kahae Han <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kahae Han <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:07:35 +0900
Hi!
Sorry I am a newbie on trying to install linux.
I installed SL4.7 on a sony vaio i purchased recently but it will not
recognize either the
wireless (Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100) or ethernet (Marvell Yukon
88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller)
I really would like SL4.7 to be the linux on this laptop as the all
the softwares I use need compilers version 3.4 and i know that SL5XX
has a way of switching back to the older compilers but still even the
latest SL5.2 seems to come with kernel which doesn't have the intel
wireless at any rate.
Is there any way I can get the wireless and the ethernet LAN to work
on the SL4.7?
thank you!

kahae