SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:43:54 -0500
Hi,
I don't remember it being resolved either.  This would involve changing your X.

Personally, I think it should be on the shoulder of gaussview.

http://www.gaussian.com/gv_plat.htm

Looking at their web page, they say version 4 runs on RHEL 5.  So if it
doesn't, you should tell them and open a ticket with them.  They already have
several "how-to's" for RHEL 5, so it looks like it run's somehow.
You are paying for it, get what they said you paid for.

Troy

Herbert Fruchtl wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> A very similar question has been asked before:
> [log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]
>
> But if it was resolved, then that didn't show up on the mailing list. Gaussview
> (a 32-bit graphical application that is distributed in binary form) on SL5
> x86_64 insists on libXft.so.1. If I copy this file from another machine, or set
> a link to libXft.so.2, I get the following error (plus a few warnings):
>
> /cvos/shared/apps/gv/gview: symbol lookup error:
> /cvos/shared/apps/gv/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Get_BDF_Property
>
> Any idea how to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>   Herbert

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group