SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2008

From:
J S Jayakumar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J S Jayakumar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:51:57 +0530
Troy Dawson wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to thank everyone who has migrated their clusters to their own
> mirrors.   This has really helped the load on ftp.scientificlinux.org,
> and hopefully made updates quicker for you as well.
> Thank You Very Much
> Troy
Dear Troy,

    Persons using SL in our Institute has a problem that they can not
update their SL version using package updater (pup) due to firewall
restrictions.  But we can download the necessary files from
ftp.scientificlinux.org and keep it available to the users.  Kindly tell
me how to setup the mirror which will be used only for updates of
SL5.x.  We want to keep ONLY those files which are needed for updating
SL5.x systems and not the whole set of directories and files.  Also
please indicate how to instruct pup to use this repository for updating SL.

With Thanks and Regards,

J S Jayakumar