SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2008

Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:52:35 -0500
It's worse today.  I have a lot of stale stateid messages both in dmesg and in /var/log/messages.  Here's a sample

Oct  8 00:00:41 prelude kernel: NFSD: stale stateid (48bebbc4/0004ddd3/0004ef27/
00000006)!
Oct  8 00:01:12 prelude last message repeated 44507 times
Oct  8 00:02:13 prelude last message repeated 90519 times
Oct  8 00:02:48 prelude last message repeated 52779 times

It's going bonkers.  Since midnight, it's put out 90 thousand such messages every minute.

I think I made a bad choice using NFSv4.  It's been problematic ever since I stood up the server and it's only gotten worse. The last server I stood up I reverted back to NFSv3 and have had no problems with it.  Are folks satisfied with NFSv4?  Or, am I the stupid one for trusting the default on the distro?  I'd appreciate any general remarks you might have on how to move forward.

Thanks!