SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2008

Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 15:05:18 -0500
I'm unable to install SL4.7 via the url method.  Originally, I thought it was something to do with our local mirror but I've tried it against http://ftp.scientificlinux.org and I get exactly the same error.

The Alt-F4 (?) screen shows the following (I'm copying it from a Ctrl-S screen, so typos galore) :

URL_STAGE_MAIN- url is http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/47/i386
url address ftp.scientificlinux.org
url prefix /linux/scientific/47/i386
mntloop loop0 on /mnt/runtime as /mnt/source/SL/base/stage2.img fd is 22
mntloop loop7 on /tmp/update-disk as /mnt/source/SL/base/updates.img fd is 22
umounting loopback /tmp/update-disk loop7
transferring http://ftp.scientificlinux.org//linux/scientific/47/i386/SL/base/product.img to a fd
transferring http://ftp.scientificlinux.org//linux/scientific/47/i386/disc1/SL/base/product.img to a fd
umounting loopback /mnt/runtime loop0
umount loopback /tmp/product-disk loop7
LOOP_CLR_FD failed for /tmp/product-disk loop7 (No such device or address)

and it just keeps repeating itself over and over again.  I noticed that it first mounted loop7 on update-disk, then tried to umount it as product-disk.  Is this a typo in anaconda?

I've posted this before maybe a year ago with SL4.6 which IIRC also does not work.  I believed it worked with SL4.5.  And, I know for a fact it works with SL5.x