SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2008

From:
Faye Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Faye Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 15:32:48 +0100
SSH tunnels are great, combined with iptables two linux hosts can
communicate over an encrypted private channel that only a specific uun
or group can use.

They do have terrible double exponential backoffs though. But it's good
enough for encrypted oracle connections without the expence of extra
oracle licences.

--

Please sign my petition:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/alcohol-buying/

Faye Gibbins, Computing Officer (Infrastructure Services)
       GeoS KB; Linux, Unix, Security and Networks.
Beekeeper  - The Apiary Project, KB -   www.bees.ed.ac.uk

   I grabbed at spannungsbogen before I knew I wanted it.

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body,
registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.