SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:44:13 -0500
Hi,
I'm not in a position to test anything until next week, but I *think*
that I have done a fresh install of SL 5.2 and not had any network
problems with either Dom0 or DomU, but I won't be able to check until
next week.  I might have done an upgrade on the machine I'm thinking of,
but I really think I did a fresh install.

But, just to double check.  You have turned off all firewalls and all
selinux's, just to make sure it wasn't one of them?
And, how are you creating your new virtual machine?

Troy

Zhi-Wei Lu wrote:
> I have installed Xen Dom0 on SL 5 and CentOS 5 before and various DomU
> under them (SL5, CentOS 5, Ubuntu).    I have upgraded these Dom0 and
> DomU to the latest 5.2. I didn't have any network problems at all.
>
> Recently, I installed a new (fresh install) Dom0 in CentOS 5.2 and DomUs
> under it, now the network won't work for these DomUs.  I can ping these
> DomU from anywhere and I can ping from these DomU to anythere, but all
> other network function won't work at all, such as update the DomUs.
> From Dom0, I can ssh into DomU and vice verse, but I can not ssh into
> DomU from anywhere else nor ssh out from DomU to anywhere else.
> Apparently, the network bridging is not functioning properly (or
> behaving as in the previous versions 5, 5,1).  Redhat did introduce
> libvirtd and dnsmasq in 5.2 which were also running on my upgraded Dom0,
> where I didn't encounter any network problem.
>
> I did find a post somewhere about libvirtd which the author turned off
> libvirt to solve his/her network problem, I tried the same thing, but I
> couldn't ssh to my Dom0 after that.
>
> I would appreciate if someone could help to solve this network bridging
> problem.  Thank you.
>
> --
> Zhi-Wei Lu
> Bioinformatics Core
> Genome Center
> University of California, Davis
> (530) 752-2698

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group